Triple D's Dual Delta (1010) Dilemma

If you have no idea where your question even goes, it probably goes here. Post may be moved to a more appropriate forum at some point as the topic blooms.

Triple D's Dual Delta (1010) Dilemma

Postby beeaye » December 2nd, 2014, 3:59 pm

Triple D's Dual Delta (1010) Dilemma: No Audio Output with Asio :doh:

I have a windows 7 32bit computer running adobe audition. I have 2 delta 1010's and the latest m-audio drivers 5.08. when I got the system it had5.02 drivers installed but the control panel was buggered up (you could see the outline of the window but no inside) so Instead of reinstalling 5.02 I updated the delta 1010 driver to 5.08 because I always taught that when trouble shooting you should always update the latest driver. So I did and It fixed the corrupt control panel problem, but also created a new problems. For example when I use the MME device class, I get a two track recording system with "apparently" everything working. When I switch to Asio I get every input channel but no output sound from my Realtech sound card as apposed to the MME that only got 1/2L and 1/2R input but the output to my sound was ok. Do you think its the updated driver causing the problems? Can I just uninstall 5.08 and install 5.02, is it that easy as uninstall 5.08 and reinstall 5.02, or do I have to remove cards and start over to go from a newer driver to an older driver. Or, do you think its the way I have my sound card configured (record set to delta card 1, 1/2 and playback set to default Realtech soundcard? Please help me not go anymore insane then I already am LOL
Thank you very much in advance :thumbsup:
Brian
beeaye

Liked in: 1 post

Advertisement

MASSIVE Mastering

Re: Triple D's Dual Delta (1010) Dilemma

Postby J-Bot » December 2nd, 2014, 5:13 pm

First, I'd check the configuration. It might be trying to play back through the Delta 1010 after updating the driver. Second, the onboard realtek chip is probably not going to recognize the m-audio's asio driver, so you may need to use the software version of asio, which is asio4all, to get playback through the realtek chip.

Third, is there a specific reason you're trying to play back through the onboard sound chip (the realtek)? I would think you'd want the higher quality output and DAC from the Delta card. In my case, I have the onboard sound chip completely disabled in the bios, and play everything back over my audio interface/card.

To roll back the driver, just do a clean install, so uninstall the current driver completely, and probably go hunting for the folder to make sure it's truly gone, maybe restart the PC, then install the 5.02 driver.
"Whatever you do, make good art." -- Neil Gaiman
J-Bot

Liked in: 96 posts

Postby beeaye » December 9th, 2014, 4:40 pm

First of all, just one correction -the Realtech is an audio card, not a built in audio chip...but I imagine you still would give the same recommendation.
Secondly THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING!!!! sorry for yelling just happy...ive been stuck with this problem for a while. Just so you know I am volunteering at a community center and I've been reluctant to change things because its not my computer so im bit jittery. that said, could you stick around and help me thru this. I will try to answer some of your questions.
why do I want to use the audio card...personally I don't except this computer has ITunes and a dejay program and other software that would use the sound card or can I output everything to the 2 deltas?. also if I have two 1010s linked together (without spdif link but linked internally) than I suppose I would use the first cards 1 and 2, 1/4inch outs to monitor? or do I go out the card itself and if so do I use card # 1 then what do I tell windows to playback with like rightnow playbback is set to the realtech and record is set to the 1010s in my audio card windows setting if you follow me. thank you again very very much
beeaye

Postby J-Bot » December 9th, 2014, 8:56 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes those public center computers aren't always the greatest things to work with.

So, with the two 1010's linked and installed, If it is at all possible, I would try to set those as the default sound device on the PC, and try to do everything through the 1010's if you can. Use the outs 1+2 on the delta 1010 # 1 for monitoring...at least I assume that's how you'd do it. You may need to go into the windows control panel sound settings and point it to the deltas, and then make sure the DJ software is also pointing to the deltas. I don't know if windows will give each Delta its own number in the list, like Delta 1010 #1 and Delta 1010 #2, so you may need to fiddle to figure out which one windows is pointing at.

My first thought would be try to do everything through the Delta's using asio if you can, and maybe just temporarily disable the realtech card in the sound settings, and see if that works. I'm assuming the deltas are yours, so you can set them as default recording and playback devices in the sound settings for now, and then switch everything back to realtech when you're done.

I know it seems like a simple issue or routing the signals around, but in my experience, sometimes it's the simple stuff that can end up having you pulling your hair out! Especially once you figure it out, and feel like an idiot for it afterwards!!! :)
"Whatever you do, make good art." -- Neil Gaiman
J-Bot

Liked in: 96 posts

Postby beeaye » April 8th, 2015, 1:32 pm

Hi J-bot :wave:
Sorry for taking so long but I lost the link for the forum and could not remember for the life of me what the heck it was called. But all this time later I found the link" give me a day or two to catch up with things and I will let you know how it's going. :thumbsup:

J-Bot likes this post.
beeaye

Return to Goofy Newb Stuff Area