Looking for a sound guy

If you have no idea where your question even goes, it probably goes here. Post may be moved to a more appropriate forum at some point as the topic blooms.

Looking for a sound guy

Postby jdouglasj » July 1st, 2015, 2:22 pm

Hello,

I have written a script for an app I've designed and built. I also have someone doing the video, but I need a good sound guy that won't break my bank.

I'll keep this short until I know if I'm in the right place. FYI, here is an example of the kind of thing I had in mind (sound-wise):
https://vimeo.com/50080784
jdouglasj

Liked in: 0 post

Advertisement

Tyler Acoustics

Re: Looking for a sound guy

Postby J-Bot » July 2nd, 2015, 3:20 am

Pretty much all of us around here are audio engineers in some capacity. Some are more musician than engineer, some are more engineer than musician, and some are a good mix of both. I'd suggest taking a look at the Listening Room section to see what some members have been putting up, and if you like their work, send them a private message to see if they are interested and/or have time for it, and go into further detail from there.

I don't know if anyone around here does or has done voiceover work, other than John being in a commercial once. I do have an acquaintance, Steve Moser, who used to do narrative and advertisement voice work. He currently works as media producer at KKCO radio station in Colorado. I don't know if he still does voice work on the side, or if he has time for it, but he has a relatively current profile here: http://voice123.com/stevemoser if you want to contact him and hear some examples. FWIW he's also a drummer.
"Whatever you do, make good art." -- Neil Gaiman
J-Bot

Liked in: 96 posts

Return to Goofy Newb Stuff Area