Weird noises when DAW goes to sleep

If you have no idea where your question even goes, it probably goes here. Post may be moved to a more appropriate forum at some point as the topic blooms.

Weird noises when DAW goes to sleep

Postby jordzen » February 19th, 2015, 3:59 pm

So here's a question - not sure where to post it so I'll go for the ol noob section

My DAW has always worked perfectly. But after re-installing my OS & programs (which I've been meaning to do for ages to clean up the dust and cobwebs) something weird started happening:

When the computer goes to sleep - and more specifically, when it's already asleep and it turns off the hard-drives - a massive burst of crackling noise gets pumped out through the speakers. It sounds like a frikking landslide is happening. Only way to stop is to turn off the speakers and wake up the PC.

I'm using the same soundcard I've had for the past 10 years - MAudio Delta 1010 - it's never let me down, can't recommend it enough. :geek:
MAudio driver version 6.0.8 - which is the latest version. Already tried re-installing; no luck.
I'm running on Windows 7 (Home), 64bit / Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67HGz / Gigabyte H55USB3 mobo / 16GB DDR3 RAM

Any idea what this glitch might be caused by?

jordzen

Liked in: 2 posts

Advertisement

Blue Bear Sound - Bear Mixing

Return to Goofy Newb Stuff Area