Geez, already?!? NEW URL - Please adjust!!!

If you've never been here, this would be a good place to start.

Geez, already?!? NEW URL - Please adjust!!!

Postby MASSIVE Mastering » April 12th, 2013, 5:38 pm

Couldn't help it and wanted to avoid any particular potential issues in the future, so I just bought be a new address --

http://www.recordingstudiocentral.com -- S'got a nice ring to it. I'll keep the SCF URL for the time being, but will likely let it pass next year.

For the quick shortcut, BOOKMARK THIS: http://www.recordingstudiocentral.com/forum/

I know some of you have referenced the site in other places (ahem...) and if you'd like to adjust those too, I'll be doing mine later I'm sure (and changing the site logo, etc.).

BY THE WAY -- With the "replacement" URL, the cookie domain has changed as well -- So if you're logging in and notice that you have to log in again time after time, you're probably bookmarked at studiocentralforums.com -- The cookie now comes from recordingstudiocentral.com. (EDIT: Fixed, I think)

Apologies for the sudden change, but I suppose it's best to nip this in the bud.

WTF, John? Why the sudden change and (blah, blah, blah)?

Conflicting emotions. Many of you know that my mastering site has been "lifted from" - outright stolen, copied -- Just last year, I had to go through a bunch of legal BS because someone tried doing business under massive-mastering.com (with a freakishly similar room that even sent my copy/trade attorney through the room). So now of course, I own massivemastering and massive-mastering .com, .net, .org, etc.

I take protecting that pretty seriously. I put a lot of work and a lot of years into it.

One thing I DO NOT want to do is "obviously grab at" someone else's labors (or "labours" for y'all Canadians & UK types). "studiocentralforums" was one of those thing that would've p'd me off if the tables were turned. I wasn't feeling the least bit guilty about trying to keep Tweak's "legacy" moving along when there was no apparent input from the Admin. But recently, it's come to light that there *MAY* be *SOME* sort of recent activity at that domain (not the forums, but the domain).

So as long as we're "starting fresh" I'm trying to do it under a reasonably unique identifier -- Recording Studio Central seemed a nice choice that gives the nod without it feeling "creepy" (for lack of a better term). And anyway, when it comes down to it, I'm not trying to "copy" Studio-Central -- It is (was) what it (was) is and this place is what it is. Of course, I hope this place becomes the "cozy, friendly place" that SC was - And personally, I think it's going pretty well so far considering the state of affairs at the old place.

Technically, I think I fixed the whole URL=this place thing. I'm sure most of you will need to login again, but at least the old URL (studiocentralforums) has been relegated to a simple redirect that will load the new URL (and drop a new cookie).

Blah, blah, blah, appreciation for you all and for your patience while I learn what the hell I'm doing and fix my personality conflict. Yada, yada, yada, I just feel much better about it this way and I hope you do too. :dance:
John Scrip - MASSIVE Mastering, LLC - Chicago (Schaumburg / Hoffman Est.), IL - USA

Blue Bear Sound likes this post.
MASSIVE Mastering

Liked in: 163 posts

Advertisement

Blue Bear Sound - Bear Mixing

Re: Geez, already?!? NEW URL - Please adjust!!!

Postby Jowboy » April 12th, 2013, 5:57 pm

I noticed the forum itself is still on the SCF URL. Are you gonna move it too? (I assume).
Channeling the wisdom of others since 1974.
www.montanaknites.com My personal website w/ music, blog, etc.
Jowboy

Liked in: 37 posts

Postby MASSIVE Mastering » April 12th, 2013, 7:56 pm

Either will load it...

(EDIT)

Oh, I see -- The link from the "home" page -- I'll fix that later.
John Scrip - MASSIVE Mastering, LLC - Chicago (Schaumburg / Hoffman Est.), IL - USA
MASSIVE Mastering

Postby AwwDeOhh » April 13th, 2013, 1:56 am

You're probably right to avoid any potential issues that may arise in ownership claims.
However you play it, we're on-board!
~If you are not Failing, you are not Succeeding!
... Failure breeds success... Don't be afraid to fail-- it is how we learn and grow!
Now... Go go out there and lose one for me, son!

MASSIVE Mastering likes this post.
AwwDeOhh

Liked in: 106 posts

Postby AwwDeOhh » April 13th, 2013, 3:57 am

bump
~If you are not Failing, you are not Succeeding!
... Failure breeds success... Don't be afraid to fail-- it is how we learn and grow!
Now... Go go out there and lose one for me, son!
AwwDeOhh

Liked in: 106 posts

Postby Rick Levine » April 13th, 2013, 9:34 am

Though I didn't say anything, I thought the old URL was questionable for the reasons you state. This is a good move.

[EDIT] Heads up: The notification emails are still directing to the old URL.
 ! MASSIVE Mastering wrote:
I *think* I just fixed that -- But please let me know if I missed something. So many variables...
Rick Levine

Liked in: 45 posts

Postby Jowboy » April 13th, 2013, 11:49 am

The notification for this thread brought me to the new URL. Looks good so far.
Channeling the wisdom of others since 1974.
www.montanaknites.com My personal website w/ music, blog, etc.

MASSIVE Mastering likes this post.
Jowboy

Liked in: 37 posts

Postby MASSIVE Mastering » April 13th, 2013, 12:05 pm

Phew... So many variables. So many... :x
MASSIVE Mastering

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS and such